AW: EAP

Karl Rothenhöfer Karl.Rothenhoefer
Sat Jul 24 01:28:47 PDT 2004

Karl

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: hostap-bounces+karl.rothenhoefer=t-online.de at shmoo.com
[mailto:hostap-bounces+karl.rothenhoefer=t-online.de at shmoo.com]Im
Auftrag von Jouni Malinen
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. Juli 2004 06:03
An: hostap at shmoo.com
Betreff: Re: EAP

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 11:29:35PM +0200, Karl Rothenh?fer wrote:

> Xeron:/etc/init.d # /etc/init.d/hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf
> Configuration file: /etc/hostapd.conf
> Using interface wlan1ap with hwaddr 00:02:dd:34:b6:7d and ssid 'test'
> wlan1: RADIUS Authentication server 127.0.0.1:1812
> Flushing old station entries
> Deauthenticate all stations
> Data frame from not associated STA 00:0a:e9:05:48:05
> wlan1: STA 00:0a:e9:05:48:05 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
> wlan1: STA 00:0a:e9:05:48:05 IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 1)
> EAP Identifier of the Response-Identity from 00:0a:e9:05:48:05 does not
> match (was 126, expected 127)

Could you please enable more debugging by using following configuration
in hostapd.conf?

logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=0
debug=3

> What is EAP Identifier?

It is one of the fields in the EAP packet header and it is used to match
replies to requests.

> How can a mismatch of 1 be caused?

In most cases, this is caused by EAP session starting generating two EAP
Request-Identity packets (one from Authenticator immediately after
association and another as a reply to Supplicant's EAPOL-Start).
Authenticator is dropping one of the EAP Response-Identity packets and
authentication should continue without problems. Your debug log did not
have enough details to determine what was causing the authentication not
to succeed.