prism2_srec problem in 0.2.4 version

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Jul 21 19:28:04 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 11:32:06AM +0300, Jar wrote:

> With the new driver and tools after the command: prism2_srec -r -i wlan0
> r1010701.hex the card doesn't work any more as it perfectly did with the
> 0.1.3 version and tools.
>
> prism2_download: dl_cmd=1 start_addr=0x000f8c01 num_areas=2
> prism2_hw_init: initialized in 63 ms
> prism2_hw_init: initialized in 35 ms
> wifi0: NIC: id=0x8002 v1.0.1
> wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0
> wifi0: STA: id=0x1f v1.7.1
> wifi0: prism2_tx_80211: hw not ready - skipping

I'm assuming you are running prism2_srec when the network interface is
already up? It looks like the current driver does not enable hardware
properly in this case. If you run prism2_srec when the interface is down
or set the interface down&up after the upgrade, the card should work.

I'll take a look at this and try to fix the driver for the case where
the interface is up, although I would recommend doing firmware upgrades
before enabling the interface by setting the netdev up..