Maximum of how many wireless cards

Denis Vlasenko vda
Mon Jul 12 08:09:00 PDT 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 12:48, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2004, at 1:37 AM, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

> >> Did you try it at range?
> >
> > Yes. Two cards in one box, each serving at least ~5 km
> > long link.
>
> And, if you turn off one of the cards, does the link throughput (at
> range) improve?

In fact, I discovered needed ch spacing by moving one card away
(in freq space) from other one which was sitting at 1st ch
until TCP throughput stopped to be outrageously low.
With 1 and 6 channels I get 200kb/s. It does not measurable
improve with 1 and 7 ch.

> >> The whole "three non-overlapping channels" thing is a myth.  See

> >> There is no 16th channel.  Its unlikely that the VCOs on your card
> >> will
> >> tune the radio that high anyway.
> >
> > Atheros is rumored to be able to go way higher (and to be able to go
> > lower than 1st ch) than that.
>
> The 'rumor' is true.  I can't say 'how far' (NDAs).  This is (one of
> the reasons) why madwifi has a HAL.

Sooner or later, it will become known to mere humans. Hehe.
--
vda