DWL-520 trouble

mrcool at stupidgamerz.com mrcool
Sun Jul 11 06:18:26 PDT 2004

instead of locking up my machine on a reboot, i just wouldnt have the
interface, and all the module loads and so forth would error out.  What i had
to do to get around this problem was add a stop script in /etc/init.d/rc3.d
to bring the interface down, and unload the modules before reboot.   Works
great.  I think it is that the card keeps the firmware loaded even after a
reboot because the interface is "up" when the reboot occures, and
re-initialization fails because it thinks it is already "up".   Or at least
that is what it seems to me...

This works for me, but im sure there should be a far more graceful way of
doing this..

Good luck

jerryf