How to get the link status when hostap driver is in managed mode

jar jar
Sun Jul 11 10:08:19 PDT 2004

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 11:53:35PM +0300, jar wrote:
>

>>Thats funny because by using "./hostap_rid wlan0 get fd40" command I get
>>a value 05 00. 05 00 => Out of Range (in ESS)? The Link Quality is zero
>>but still I have the link working OK. That fd40 doesn't seem to be very
>>reliable?
>

> Which station firmware version are you using? RID FD40 has worked for me
> always or at least I don't remember any issues with it. I believe
> PortStatus changes to out of range when the client has not received some
> of the expected Beacon frames from the AP. It returns back to connected
> once Beacon frames are being received again.

Firmware version is 1.5.6, hostap and utils are ver. 0.1.3. Yes the link
is marginal but working at rate of 11Mb/s. Iwconfig shows the mac of the
access point so the driver knows taht the link is working. But RID FD40
shows the value 05 00 for long time.

BR, Jar