DWL-520 trouble

Ka-Hing Cheung kahing
Sat Jul 10 14:05:42 PDT 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:48:39 +0300, Denis Vlasenko
<vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua> wrote:
> > Nevermind, I figured it out. It turns out that I need to unload the
> > modules before rebooting, otherwise loading the modules next time
> > would result bring down the machine. Not fun.
> >
> > Anyone know a way of auto unloading the modules whenever the interface
> > is brought down?
>
> No, you must not paper over the problem. Modprobing already loaded module
> should never kill the box.
>
> Find out where does second modprobe dies.
> Sprinkle printk()s in module init code.

It's not modprobing an already loaded module, but loading the module
w/o doing a complete shutdown or unload the modules before reboot. The
problem is sort of documented already on google, but it seems that I
am the only person whose box is crashing.

I can add other printk to test, are there any places that I should pay
more attention? I assume a printk has the same syntax as printf, does
the output go to /var/log/messages?

I probably won't be able to test until next week.

-khc