How to get the link status when hostap driver is in managed mode

jar jar
Thu Jul 8 13:53:35 PDT 2004

Gargi D wrote:
> Alternatively you can also read a particular RID Value i.e. RID FD40.
> If you have installed hostap utils running the following command will give
> you the status
>
> ./hostap_rid wlan0 get fd40
>
> where wlan0 is ur interface
>
> One of the following values would be returned.  If in managed mode values 1,
> 2, 4 and 5 make sense.
> 1 = Disabled
>
> 2 = Searching for initial connection
>
> 3 = Connected to IBSS
>
> 4 = Connected to ESS (see note)
>
> 5 = Out of Range (in ESS)
>
> 6 = Connected to WDS
>
> 8 = Started Host AP

Thats funny because by using "./hostap_rid wlan0 get fd40" command I get
a value 05 00. 05 00 => Out of Range (in ESS)? The Link Quality is zero
but still I have the link working OK. That fd40 doesn't seem to be very
reliable?

BR. Jar