ipw2100 WEP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Jul 5 17:51:45 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:52:44AM +0200, B.Suess wrote:

> I compiled the new ipw2100 (centrino wlan driver) 0.47 and discovered that I
> can' t use wep encryption to  connect to my access point which is basically a
> wlan card running hostapd (version 2.3).

Have you configured the card to use open system or shared key
authentication?

> This output is generated by the hostapd:

> authentication: STA=00:0d:f1:1f:cd:c9 auth_alg=1 auth_transaction=1
> status_code=0 wep=0
> Unsupported authentication algorithm (1)

Auth. alg 1 is shared key authentication. If you would like to use it,
you will need to configure hostapd to accept it by including bit1 in
auth_algs bit field. By default, auth_algs=3 which would have allowed
this authentication.