Help with EAP-TTLS/EAP-MD5 & PEAP/MSCHAPv2

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Jul 5 10:12:56 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 12:12:22PM +0200, Ivan Sanchez Valencia wrote:

> I'm trying to configure PEAP/MSCHAPv2 too, and I got the same results:
> Mon Jul  5 12:08:23 2004 : Info: rlm_eap_mschapv2: Issuing Challenge
> Mon Jul  5 12:08:23 2004 : Auth: Login incorrect: [user/<no User-Password attribute>] (from client localhost port 0)

Based on your another email, I'm now assuming that after fixing
something in the users file, you got it working. Is this correct? If
not, you will need to give more detailed information about the
FreeRADIUS configuration and run it with debugging enabled (radiusd -X
-A). Anyway, this sounds like an issue with the RADIUS server not with
wpa_supplicant or hostapd..

> I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what. Or freeRADIUS don't catch the User-Password or wpa_supplicant doesn't
> send it...

That RADIUS attribute (User-Password) is not used in EAP authentication.
FreeRADIUS uses it internally to get the password for the EAP methods
that need one. Anyway, wpa_supplicant is a IEEE 802.1X Supplicant and it
does not send RADIUS messages in the first place..