more DWL-520 E1 problems

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Jul 1 11:31:56 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 08:22:14AM -0500, slushpupie at gmail.com wrote:

> root at friday:~$ iwconfig wlan0
> wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"slushpupie"

What do you mean by never seeing an AP? Are you trying to use the card
in managed mode to associate with another AP (in which case you have
configured in incorrect mode as shown above in iwconfig output) or are
you trying to use it as an AP for other clients (in which case, please
give some more details of the configuration)?