bridge with wds interface only

Scott Every scott
Thu Jul 1 10:13:19 PDT 2004

you could just route each interface with a different network and skip
the bridging step entirely.
something like this:
  eth0: 192.168.1.0/24
  wlan0: 10.1.1.0/24
  wlan0wds0: 10.1.2.0/24

we do this all the time and its handy if you don't mind the increased
routing complexity.  its definitely more flexible for us than bridging,
and simpler to debug too.  of course there's no need to use full class
C's, any type of subnet will do.

Scott Every
Blast
http://www.blast.com/