Problems with WPA supplicant

Jonny Karlsson IT 00 karlssoj
Thu Jan 29 03:15:53 PST 2004

Hello!

Thank you for your prompt answer!

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 04:38:27PM +0200, Jonny Karlsson IT 00 wrote:

>> I'm trying to use WPA_supplicant but I'm having troubles with it. When
>> trying to start the demon I get the following error messages:

>> [root at test-radius wpa_supplicant]# ./wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -c
>> wpa_supplicant.conf
>> ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
>> Failed to enable WPA in the driver.
>> [root at test-radius wpa_supplicant]#

>Which station firmware version are you using?

Do you mean the firmware fore my WLAN card? I upgraded the firmware to
1.4.9. The card is working fine in hostap mode with the hostap-0.2.1
driver.

>Does 'iwpriv wlan0' include wpa and getwpa sub-ioctls? Can you set WPA
>mode manually with 'iwpriv wlan0 wpa 1'?

No, I get the following error message:

[root at test-radius root]# iwpriv wlan0 wpa 1
<mapping sub-ioctl wpa to cmd 0x8BE0-36>
Interface doesn't accept private ioctl...
wpa (8BE0): Operation not supported
[root at test-radius root]#

>Do you see any related error messages in 'dmesg' output after trying to
>start wpa_supplicant?

I can't figure out much of the dmesg output myself but I havE put the
output on web page at the following URL:
http://www.sit.fi/~karlssoj/wpa_supplicant/dmesg.txt

With kind regards

Jonny Karlsson