A couple beginner questions ..

Pavel Roskin proski
Fri Jan 23 07:15:57 PST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, wlan wrote:

> Thanks, anyway i have personally collected the information and could not
> be accurate so feel free to correct what you find not accurate.
> And orinoco driver has support for prism, hermes and symbol chipset, but
> prism and symbol are only basic supported or am i wrong??

You are wrong.  It supports all of them equally well.  The only exception
is the USB driver, which is for hermes based cards only.

HostAP, on the other hand, has very incomplete support for Hermes and
Symbol chipsets.  I believe it's something that could be improved, because
Hermes and Symbol are closely related to Prism chipset.  There is a lot of
unique code in HostAP that would be useful on the Symbol and Hermes
chipsets.  For instance, HostAP could support flashless Symbol Spectrum24
Trinity cards the same way as flashless Prism3 cards.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin