Compiling hostAP in Zaurus using arm-cross compiler

Pavel Roskin proski
Mon Jan 12 12:44:05 PST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Sangho Shin wrote:

> I would like to compile hostAP driver using arm-cross compiler to make
> it work in Zaurus PDA. Zaurus Wireless card is using CF(Compact Flash).
> What make option(pc card? PCI?) do I have to use for compiling hostAP?
> Thank you,

CompactFlash is compatible with PCMCIA, so you need the driver for PC
Card.  With modern kernels (2.4.x and 2.6.x) you can just run "make" and
it will compile all modules.  You'll need hostap_cs and the modules it
depends on.

I have never heard of "Zaurus Wireless card".  You may want to check its
compatibility with HostAP in a PC by using a cheap PCMCIA to CF convertor.
HostAP only works with Intersil chipset (it also has limited support for
compatible Lucent and Symbol chipsets).

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin