management frames

nicomitch@yahoo.fr nicomitch
Wed Feb 25 04:56:33 PST 2004

I'd like to ask you a question:

I'm trying to understand the hostap-driver-0.1.3.
I read that the firmware passes all management frames
to the host.
MessageType 4 in Status Field of the Receive
Descriptor is set to allox the host software to
identify and process received management frames.

I found in "hfa384x.h" this instruction:
#define	HFA384x_RXSTATUS_MSGTYPE((UINT16)(BIT15 |
BIT14 | BIT13))
#define
HFA384x_RXSTATUS_MSGTYPE_GET(value)((UINT16)((((UINT16)(value))
& HFA384x_RXSTATUS_MSGTYPE) >> 13)

But i wonder why these macros are not used at all in
the sources files!!!
If we don't use this macro, how the host software
makes the difference between management frames and
data frames.

Thanks by adavnce..

Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/

Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis gr?ce ? Yahoo! Messenger !T?l?chargez Yahoo! Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com