Problems compiling hostap-driver for kernel 2.6.3

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Feb 22 21:44:37 PST 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 10:42:39PM +0100, Julian Finn wrote:

> make install doesn't work at the moment. it brings up:
> Makefile:38: WARNING: No kernel PCMCIA support found and PCMCIA_PATH is
> not defined
> Installing /etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf
> cp: cannot create regular file `/etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf': No such
> file or directory
> make: *** [install_conf] Error 1

Including this piece of information in the first email to the mailing
list would have been useful..

> i believe the .o - files were copied when I tried make install_pci.

Yes and this should not be used with Linux 2.6.x kernels.

> any idea how I can run a normal make install?

Try making that /etc/pcmcia directory first and then run "make install".
I'll change the Makefile to skip hostap_cs.conf installation if that
directory does not exist.

> And: will copying th .ko - files to the right dir work?

"make install" will do that..