hostap_cs.conf

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Feb 18 18:37:02 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 03:11:22PM -0500, Andrea G. Forte wrote:

> With the modified wlan-ng config file hostap gets loaded but in the dmesg
> message we get the error:
> wlan0: prism2_open
> wlan0 unsupported ioctl(0x89f1)
> We are using the Linksys WCF11 card, wireless extensions 12 with Kernel
> ARM-linux 2.4.6

That's not an error message. It is just notifying that someone is trying
to use an unsupported ioctl on the interface. Does the card work after
this? If not, what kind of problems do you see? Does iwconfig show
anything? What did the dmesg output show before prism2_open?

Which version of the Host AP driver are you using? If that is as old as
the kernel version, I would recommend trying to upgrade to a newer
version..