SWSUPPORT0 Error for NetGate EL-2511MP Plus on HostAP version 0.1.3

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Feb 15 16:17:20 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 06:10:01PM +0100, Jesus Asin wrote:

> I failed to make hostAP work for NetGate EL-2511MP Plus
> I use a arm board with miniPCI bus and the kernel version is 2.4.16-rmk2

Which ARM board are you using?

> SWSUPPORT0 write/read failed: 8A00 != 8A32

It looks like there is some issues with 16-bit register read/write. That
magic value (8a32) was written to SWSUPPORT0 with 16-bit write and then
read back as 16-bit read. For some reason, only half of the word was
read correctly.. This uses standard Linux readw() and writew(), so I
would first like to get a confirmation that those work correctly with
the used platform/kernel combination.