Accounting Bugs

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Feb 14 23:01:45 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 01:02:14PM +0100, Gunter Burchardt wrote:

> The third patch for today is for accouting. There are several bugs
> sending accouting information sent to a radius accouting server in
> hostapd.
>
> 1. Accouting-Reguests with Status-Type=Start were send more than one
> times during one session. (Reauth of a station)
>
> 2. Accouting-Requests with Status-Type=Stop were send with wrong
> connection data in some cases, for example if a station disassociates.
> When a idle timeout accurs everything works fine.
>
> 3. Accouting-Stop will send without a previous start packed. assoc ->
> auth failed -> disassoc

Thanks! I applied the parts 1 and 3 with minor changes to coding style
and setting acct_session_started = 0 when stopping the session (this is
needed if the STA associates again before hostapd removes the STA
entry).

Part 2 changed behavior of the IEEE 802.11 management for the
disassociation case; the STA entry should remain since it is still
authenticated. I changed this to only terminate the accounting session
and not to remove the STA entry. Please let me know if I missed
something with this change.