DWL-650 rev. P with Xsupplicant

Andrew Barr barr.156
Wed Feb 11 17:22:16 PST 2004

I've got a DWL-650 rev. P up and running, using the same instructions for
the DWL-520 rev. E, although I'm still having issues with Xsupplicant that
appear to be related to bug in the code for that program.

I have noticed a few odd messages when I've used this card at home:

When I get an address for the card ("dhclient wlan0") this message is
printed twice to stdout:

wifi0: unknown hardware address type 801

On the second primary firmware download ("prism2_srec -gp wlan0
/etc/prism-fw/pm010102.hex"), this is printed to stdout:

Verifying update compatibility and combining data:
Plug record length mismatch (PDR=0x0001): 6 != 16
==> extend from default
OK.

And on the secondary firmware download ("prism2_srec -rp wlan0
/etc/prism-fw/rf010800.hex"), this is part of the printout:

Verifying update compatibility and combining data:
Could not find data position for plugging PDR 0x0413 at 0x0000118e (len=2)
PDR 0x0413 is not in wlan card PDA and there is no default data. Ignoring
plug record.
OK.

Thanks for any insight

Andrew