packet injection questions

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Feb 10 10:19:34 PST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:01:50PM +0100, Gunter Burchardt wrote:

> > master mode: works, but station send beacons (at least 1 every 67 secs =>
> > prism2_param wlan0 beacon_int 65535)

> Tryed prism2_param wlan0 beacon_int 0 ?

That's not going to work.. I believe the firmware has a range of 1 to
4096 timeunits (1.024 ms) for the beacon interval anything above or
below this will end up being something in that range. Zero is equal to
4096 and 65535 is probably same as 4095.

If you want to disable beacons, you will need to use a different mode
than Host AP (or standard compliant IBSS, I would assume). Then again,
if the goal was to inject arbitrary packets, this might has some
complications.