DWL-650 rev. P with Xsupplicant

Andrew Barr barr.156
Mon Feb 9 12:03:29 PST 2004

I want to install Linux on my laptop and get rid of Windows. There is one
thing stopping me: the wireless network on campus uses 802.1x authentication
(several EAP types work) with dynamic WEP to authorize users. The laptop is
Centrino. While I have been able to use my home network with the ndiswrapper
project, things aren't looking good for using Xsupplicant with it. I am
going to look into buying a wireless PC Card. My question is: given the
relative success that has been had with the DWL-520 rev. E, is there any
reason to think that I could not replicate the same success with a DWL-650
rev. P? And, given the way these cards (the 520E and 650P) are being used
with HostAP, is there any reason to think that Xsupplicant won't work with
them? Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Andrew