Kernel 2.6.2 Changes

Pavel Roskin proski
Fri Feb 6 14:57:52 PST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, AthlonRob wrote:

> The in-kernel Orinoco drivers seem to pretty much have a narrow field of
> supported cards in comparison.

The opposite is true.  In addition to Prism chipsets with Intersil
firmware, the Orinoco driver supports cards with Hermes (but not Hermes 2)
chipset (Lucent/Agere firmware) and Spectrum24 chipsets 2.5 and 3 (Symbol
firmware).

> HostAP seems to be about on par, although now WEP isn't working for me
> with them.

I have committed the fix for WEP to the CVS version of the Orinoco driver.
It should be working now.  I'll appreciate if future bugreports are sent
to the appropriate mailing lists instead of being mentioned in passing
elsewhere.  I know, it takes more time, but it increases chances to have
the problem fixed.

Thanks to Jouni for fixing reference counting on crypto modules in HostAP.

I hope we'll stop this explosive thread at this point and go to doing "so
freaking easy things" :-)

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin