senao 2.5 200mw bad firmware

Pavel Roskin proski
Tue Feb 3 13:13:20 PST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Bobby Curnow wrote:

> My XP laptop locked up while loading 1.1.1/1.7.4 using winupdate.  Now the
> card shows up as UNKNOWN when loaded into a XP machine.
> Is there any way to reflash the firmware on it, or should I toss it?

Yes.  Your card is using Prism 2.5 chipset (judging by the primary
firmware version), so you should be able to use genesis mode without need
to use special hardware.  Recent versions of HostAP driver (0.1.2) support
this.  See this page for details: http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/

If you don't want to run Linux, you can try the flash.exe utility for DOS
with the "-3842" option.  But I think upgrading in Linux is safer.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin