does hostAP works with prismGT chipset

Gunter Burchardt gbur
Thu Dec 16 11:16:22 PST 2004

> The situation is that it has been more than a year when i last did
> something in C and C++, so i want to ask two question that how much
> level of difficulty involves in modifying HostAP driver according to
> ones needs and how much approx time would it take to complete that task.
> Also keeping in mind my abilities about C and C++ as average and also i
> have not done kernel or driver programming before and have done only
> application programming in C and C++, then where to start to work on
> this project.

Consider that some station code is implemented in prisms firmware doing
its job on the cards hardware. There is no (cheap) way to get access to
the sources and an development environment. Accesspoint funcionality
(especialy accesspoint 802.11 layer and 1x are open source).

> The other query about the getting hardware, I do have access to few
> laptops, but dont have any prism(2/2.5/3) based WLAN cards. So i think I
> may have difficulty in buying 802.11b cards with prism(2/2.5/3) chipset
> as most new cards available are based on 802.11g, so i want to know does
> HostAP also works on prismGT chipset or not?

You can also use atheros based cards.

regards
gunter