Corrupted Prism2 Card

Lawrence Wong lawrencewong72
Thu Dec 16 09:29:59 PST 2004

Hi Peter,

--- Peter <peter at peter.dyndns.info> wrote:

> > ./prism2_srec -f wlan0 ak010104.hex
> >

> this is the firmware image for download to ram,
> you should have downloaded the p....hex file
> (see e.g. http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/ )

Sorry for the typo. I cut-n-paste the wrong lines. I
was using pk010101.hex :

./prism2_srec -f wlan0 pk010101.hex

> which version of hostap/hostap-utils are you
> running?
> i thought i read some time ago that this shouldn't
> be possible
> any more..

I am using:

hostapd-0.3.1  hostap-driver-0.3.0  hostap-utils-0.3.0

I suspect I could have just flashed the primary flash
instead of the flashing BOTH the primary & secondary
flash at the same time, hence the card not being able
to boot.... :(