Does Hostap supports EAP-TTLS & EAP-PEAP authentication mechanism?

Preethi Mohan preethi.kp
Tue Dec 14 19:19:50 PST 2004

Dear all,

    I'm new to 802.1x standard .I'm learning about the
authenticator.For this downloaded HostAP source code from the hostap
site.From the readme I got the information that HostAP code supports
EAP-MD5 & EAP-TLS and these two EAP types are tested also.

But I want to clarify whether the hostap authenticator supports
EAP-TTLS & EAP - PEAP authentication also?

If not is there any change required in the authenticator side to
support TTLS & PEAP.Or changes are required only in client and server
side?

Also Can I use RADIUS & XSupplicant to test TTLS&PEAP?

Can anyone please help me .

Regards
Preethi