WPA_PTK entering state AUTHENTICATION2

Project 2k4 prj2004
Fri Dec 10 08:09:09 PST 2004

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 04:07:34PM +0100, Project 2k4 wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to use WPA-EAP/RADIUS. WPA-PSK works just fine w/ the Cisco
>>Aironet 350 card (and it's the only card I am keen on getting to work
>>first).
>
> You need to add ieee8021x=1 to your configuration file to enable IEEE
> 802.1X/EAPOL state machines. I'll try to remember to add a verification
> for this so the hostapd can either enable this automatically or warn the
> user..

Bingo, that worked link a charm!!

Although one glitch was that the Cisco Aironet 350 (ACU: 6.3.011,
Driver: 8.6.16.0) showed that a connection was not made (XP wireless
network icon with red cross), inspite of successful pings between AP and
STA.  Just to double check HTTP traffic also transfered successfully.
So I suppose the mis-information is a problem specific to the Cisco
card. Another card Conceptronic C54C (b/g) performed without this glitch.

Thanks for the help and the great work on hostap(d).

Jonnas

--
http://www.confero24.com
The Best Source of Network Hardware for Open Source Projects