ifconfig up/down problem

Tony Espy espy
Tue Dec 7 13:42:54 PST 2004

I recently debugged a problem with HostAP(0.25), wpa_supplicant(0.25)
and pump(0.8.3), where pump was bringing down the interface before
setting interface params received in the DHCP response.
When this happens, wpa_supplicant disassociates from the AP; pump also
would hang when this happens.

Turns out, the most recent version of pump(0.8.21) doesn't bring the
interface down and things work OK.

What I still notice however is that if I manually run "ifconfig wlan0
up" followed by "ifconfig wlan0 down", the second command hangs ( note
-- wpa_supplicant is not involved in this at all ).

I'm running a 2.4.20 kernel w/the WE-15 patch.

I wanted to ping the list before debugging any further.

thanks,
Tony Espy
Pepper Computer

p.s. is there an easy way to search the "new" hostap mailing list archive?