hostapd cvs 07-12-2004 Broken??

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Dec 7 06:24:54 PST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 01:23:31PM +0000, Steve wrote:

> It seems that the current build for hostapd is broken.

Please send error messages from the compiler and .config file you used
when reporting build probelsm.

> I notice the changes to the configuration file ".config"
> The one of interest to me is for CONFIG_EAP_TLS.
> Im using free radius for external authentication.(EAP/TLS) so want
> EAP/TLS set to n.( because I dont want to use the internal
> authenticator) Is this correct for using freeradius as an external
> authenticatior.? the Makefile requires files from WPA_supplicant.

Please note that CONFIG_*=n is not going to do the thing you might
expect it to do.. You need to comment or remove that line completely.
Anyway, integrated authenticator can be included even if you want to use
an external authentication server; it just adds some bytes to the
binary..

> In order to build hostapd it must now link against WPA supplicant??

No, but it needs files from ../wpa_supplicant directory. In the released
versions, these are included in the tarball. In the CVS version, you
just need to have full CVS checked out.