Updated WE-18 (WPA) proposal

Jean Tourrilhes jt
Mon Aug 30 10:42:15 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 01:28:43PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> >	Don't worry, I'll fix that. Anyway, WE-17 is pending in Jeff's
> >tree, and I don't think he will make major changes to it.
>

> hehe :)
>
> Yep, it's merged in netdev-2.6 (and thus -mm as well), and queued for
> upstream.

	Thanks ;-)

> FWIW any 'radical' wireless changes will go into wireless-2.6.  There is
> still the stable upstream branch, to which WE patches can continue to be
> applied...

	If you don't mind, I would like a bit more understanding about
how much is "radical" and how much is not. I would personally put that
around "breaking backward compatibility", but you may have other
ideas.
	Also, I'm not clear how the stuff in wireless-2.6 is supposed
to trickle into the other trees (netdev-2.6, -mm and Linus's), and how
to better link it with the CVS of the various drivers involved.

> 	Jeff

	Have fun...

	Jean