Hermes driver missing?

Donald Teed dteed
Thu Aug 19 05:45:08 PDT 2004

Sorry, I didn't see that line in the README.

The header for that section of the README reads
"Agere Systems Inc. Linux Driver".
I'm not familiar with Agere and didn't think
it could have anything to do with my efforts.
My MN-520 device is sold by Microsoft, is loaded with Orinoco_cs
module and has a "nickname" of "Prism I".  Why don't
we call it "NASA" and "O.J. Simpson" while we are
at it?  You can never have too many names when
it comes to wireless parts.

I even see people here saying they have had sucess with a
Linksys card and call that a sucess for the Broadcom ethernet that
I'm struggling with.  If it ain't mini-PCI, it ain't
the component I'm trying to get up (which does work
in WEP mode with ndiswrapper 0.8).

It is wrong of Broadcom to give all of these things the same
model ID (14e4:4320) on the hardware level.  Both the truemobile
1300 and 1350 show as this, and it appears people are
saying a Linksys device also reads like this.

What is the Broadcom slogan?  Perhaps "the tin foil goes in
before the name goes on"?  I probably have
teeth fillings that would respond to DHCP requests better.
(Our wired ethernet is also Broadcom made).

It looks like my next step is to configure a wireless
sniffer on another machine.  So now I need something that
will work under kismet.  It reminds me of the humourous
times I've seen a tow truck pulling a tow truck.

--Donald Teed