accounting stop with no accounting data

Gunter Burchardt gbur
Thu Aug 5 23:41:51 PDT 2004

Hello Jouni

There are some cases an accounting stop packet is sent without a term
cause and bytes/packet statistic. I think the problem is that
sta_remove is called at some locations and after it ap_free_sta is
called. sta_remove removes the station from driver and so it removes
the statistic.

First location: wpa_sta_disconnect()

Here no term-cause is set. Then sta_remove is called. After is you call
ap_handle_timer via eloop with STA_REMOVE. This causes a call to
ap_free_sta. I think the call to sta_remove() in wpa_sta_disconnect is
unnecessary because in ap_free_sta() it is called also!

Second location: iapp_process_add_notify()

Why only remove the station from kernel driver. ap_free_sta() is the
better choise!?

regards
gunter