HostAP problem with 5.5mbps

Laszlo Halasz hostap
Wed Apr 28 23:39:15 PDT 2004

Jouni Malinen ?rta:

>On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 01:41:39PM +0200, Laszlo Halasz wrote:
>

>>I have an AP: debian linux 2.4.20 + hostap 0.1.3 with Micronet SP906a
>>
>>From the laptop connected to this AP by Avaya USB Gold.
>>
>>When i try to show the link test on laptop, the test partner's 5.5 Mbps
>>line disappeared, and only  1, 2 and 11m is appear.
>>

>Would you happen to have a wireless sniffer that would be able to
>capture that link test including the transmit rate for each frame?

I tried by original avaya driver's sniffer module( link test )
If try with another AP (not hostap), then 5.5 mbps line appear, and the
counter is increments.

When this connection is active(hostap<->avaya) and the radio quality
going to lower, then avaya side disconnect(M$ WINXP),
and in /proc/net/hostap/wlan0/$MAC/tx_rate is going to 2M (not 5.5)
tx[5.5M] and rx[5.5M] never more than 0, only tx[11M] and tx[2M] changed.

>Getting a packet capture from this test would be quite useful in finding
>out what could have happened.

Thanks
Laszlo Halasz