Probe Requests and different driver

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Apr 28 19:40:23 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:21:12PM +0200, d.walther at wireless-bern.ch wrote:

> 1. I saw with kismet, that my AP is sending a lot of "Probe Requests" out. Where
> can I switch them off?

Do you mean that you are seeing Probe Request frames from the same
address that is sending Beacon frames? Which station firmware are you
using? Could you please send me capture log of such frames (including
full IEEE 802.11 headers)?

> 2. I work with an Orinoco card. But I have attached a second Orinoco card, and
> the second one should use the original orinoco_cs driver and not the HostAP
> driver. In this moment, when I plug in the second card, it will use also the
> HostAP driver and i have two AccessPoints! How can i define, that the second
> card uses the "original" Orinoco driver?

You would need to change cardmgr to bind the cards to different drivers.
If the cards are identical, this may be a bit difficult.. I don't
remember whether there was any option for selecting the match based on
the slot that is being used. You can also configure Host AP driver to
client mode (iwconfig wlan0 mode managed).