Problem with WPA-PSK

Ugo Campiglio ugo.campiglio
Wed Apr 21 00:21:02 PDT 2004

Jouni Malinen wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 10:20:46AM +0200, Ugo Campiglio wrote:
>

>>I remind you the problem : I am trying to use Hostapd as access point
>>for XP clients. Xp detects a connection. With a sniffer I see that
>>hostapd sends the first eapol key but XP does not answer correctly
>>(sends an ACK and an EAPOL START instead of the EAPOL Key 2).
>

> Which Windows client driver version are you using? Which wlan card? Does
> this card work with another AP in WPA-PSK mode?

I am using the XP default client with the latest service pack. The
client card is a Netgear WAG 511 and it i working with other APs.
I made it for it to work but not every time. Sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesnt without changing the configuration.
When configuring WPA PSK I saw that if I specify
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=TKIP
hostapd does not work correctly, while if I dont specify these two
parameters it works. I still didnt look in the code how these two
parameters are used, but I was wondering why.
Is the WPA-PSK part in hostapd considered as finished or is somebody
still working on it?
THank you,
Ugo