Omnidirectional Antennas

Marty Galyean marty
Fri Apr 2 09:32:33 PST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 19:09, Kelly Hogan wrote:
> Dave,
>
> How high are you placing your 15db omni?  How long is your coax, and
> what type?

Also, feed cable length is important, shorter is better, and make sure
the cable and connectors are in excellent shape.  A lossy cable at these
freqs can lose you a lot.  Another thing, I don't see much about it with
regards to WiFi, but impedance matching your tx/rx to your antenna with
a VSWR meter is standard practice with RF stuff in general.  I don't
know why it is not written of more in WiFi stuff.

Marty