Dynamic IP address assignment

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Sep 18 21:14:45 PDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 09:51:04AM +0200, Gehlert Frank-QSWI3185 wrote:

> given the case that hostap receives an access accept from RADIUS with a Framed-IP-Address.
> Would the hostap be capable of passing that IP address down to the WLAN station, maybe as a DHCP offer packet ?

I don't think hostapd should need to know anything about DHCP and would
thus keep this separate. Passing the contents of Framed-IP-Address
attribute (with the STA's MAC address) to an external program should be
fine, though. One could then have a DHCP server that gets new MAC addr
<-> IP address entries and uses these to assing addresses once the STA
sends DHCP request after the IEEE 802.1X authorization.