Hostapd and WEP - Does it work?

Jose Araujo jlaraujo
Wed Sep 17 07:38:26 PDT 2003

Hi,

Have you tried setting eapol_key_index_workaround=0 i use WinXP latest
service pack and it doesn't require that setting ?

EAPOL-Key index workaround (set bit7) for WinXP Supplicant (needed only
if only broadcast keys are used);

But then again i am using both keys with encription. I don't understand
why would you want to protect only broadcast traffic ?

Jos? Araujo