Configuring FreeRADIUS with Cert for testing TLS

SR Dasgupta srdasgupta
Wed Sep 10 04:49:21 PDT 2003

Guys,

My setup has a WinXP as supplicant, Hostapd on the AP and FreeRADIUS as the AA server.
Am trying to test EAP-TLS. I have recieved three certificates from the end user (Client.pfx,
Server.pfx and root.cer). I configured the radiusd.conf of FreeRADIUS with Server.pfx and root.cer.
On running FreeRADIUS, am getting the following errors:

[root at Linux4 main]# ./radiusd -sxyz -d /usr/local/etc/raddb/
Starting - reading configuration files ...
Module: Loaded expr
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded eap
rlm_eap_tls: Error reading Trusted root CA list
rlm_eap: Failed to initialize the type tls
radiusd.conf[572]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
[root at Linux4 main]#

It seems that am missing something. Can someone please help me out?

BTW, the root and client certificates got installed successfully on WinXP client. Also I have to test
with these certificates and hence donot enjoy the option of generating new certificates with OpenSSL.

Regards
-Shubharanjan