Interim Accounting Update supported with hostapd ?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Sep 2 20:26:53 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 08:06:50AM +0200, Gehlert Frank-QSWI3185 wrote:

> IAU us used to send "normal" accounting packets to the Radius server at configurable intervals.
> I's useful when a user stays online for a very long timeframe to monitor his activity for billing reasons or to detect lost sessions. I know e.g. Cisco and Juniper are supporting it.

OK, that sounds reasonable. I added support for this to the CVS version
of hostapd. hostapd.conf now has 'radius_acct_interim_interval' which is
this update interval in seconds. I assumed that the Interim-Update
packets report the total numbers from the beginning of the session, not
from the previous interim update. Please let me know if this matches
with what you would expect from this feature and whether the
implementation works for you.