WDS: something missing

Jonnas project.manager
Tue Sep 2 02:16:30 PDT 2003

Hello friends,

I have been trying to put a couple of hostap AP's in WDS, and have
followed README.prism2. The only difference in what I am doing is that I
am not including an ethernet in the bridge.  I only want wireless nodes
to be in the WDS (eventually only one of these will connect to the
ethernet).

For testing I am running a DHCP server on one of the nodes and trying to
  connect with a (non-Hostap) STA to another (different from DHCP
server) node in the WDS.

My STA fails to obtain a DHCP address.

I next tried to assign a static IP to the STA, but still cannot ping all
the AP's in the WDS.

I use these basic commands to setup the bridge:

Ap-A:

#!/bin/bash

WDS_PEER_MAC="00:02:6F:04:90:BE"

iwpriv wlan0 wds_add $WDS_PEER_MAC
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 wlan0
brctl addif br0 wlan0wds0
ifconfig wlan0 0.0.0.0
ifconfig wlan0wds0 0.0.0.0
ifconfig br0 10.0.0.2 up

Ap-B:

#!/bin/bash

WDS_PEER_MAC="00:04:E2:0E:D1:57"

iwpriv wlan0 wds_add $WDS_PEER_MAC
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 wlan0
brctl addif br0 wlan0wds0
ifconfig wlan0 0.0.0.0
ifconfig wlan0wds0 0.0.0.0
ifconfig br0 10.0.0.1 up

Infact I cannot even reach 10.0.0.1 from 10.0.0.2.

What am I doing wrong?  Will be happy to provide more data.

Thanks in advance,
Jonnas

--
http://www.desilinux.com