Bjorn Wesen bjorn.wesen
Thu Oct 23 15:46:25 PDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> I made a Google search for these numbers and found this page:
> http://web.utk.edu/~rmahurin/inspiron5100/node4.html, which links to a
> driver for Orinoco Proxim cards: http://greenblaze.com/proxim.html
>
> The driver is released by Agere under GPL.  I cannot find it on the Agere
> website, but I didn't try hard.

Yup I have the latest RC of this driver actually. But since I rather use the
hostap drivers, I have now started testing my other cards instead, real
PRISM3 cards this time :)

This time I actually managed to get the aux interface to work - I can read
and write data to the SRAM. Great. One problem though - I can't find the PDA
anywhere (but the CIS is correct) so I guess it either is not necessary for
plugging the primary (but I guess I have to put some default values there if
so) or they have to be read out from the EEPROM manually in some magic way
(since there is no primary fw, the EEPROM reading commands probably don't
work - I haven't tried though.. perhaps I should).

Actually I am a bit unsure on what commands are available at all before
running with a firmware (if any).

BTW it looks like the structure of the hostap driver currently is not at all
designed to cope with cards with no firmware. Is anybody working on that or
should I simply try to make it as good as I can and mail a patch somewhere ?

/Bjorn