Problems with firmware download to flash on Prism2

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Oct 22 19:29:29 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 06:00:58PM +0200, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:

> even though when I tried to upgrade it I had ram downloaded firm 1.5.6, also
> I had the card's interface up, anyway, the result was a failure, this is
> what my syslog showed:

I would not recommend doing firmware download when running RAM
downloaded firmware..

> wlan0: starting flash download
> wlan0wds0: prism2_tx: hw not ready - skipping
> wlan0: prism2_tx: hw not ready - skipping

Even though the driver tries to avoid doing anything when kernel gives
it packets to be sent out during flash download, I would highly
recommend setting all the net devices that the driver uses down before
starting firmware upgrade..

> wlan0: prism2_tx: hw not ready - skipping

And what following this last item in kernel log? Full 'dmesg' output
would be more useful (with all the output from prism2_srec).