Pavel Roskin proski
Wed Oct 22 09:01:45 PDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Bjorn Wesen wrote:

> ISA-connected PCMCIA/CF adapter: mem=0xe4800000, pccard_io=0xe4600000
> hostap_isa: CIS: 01 03 00 00 ff 17 ...
> hostap_isa: manfid=0x0156, 0x0003

This ID makes me wonder if it's some kind of Lucent chipset rather than
Prism3.  (0x0156, 0x0002) was used by both Lucent and Intersil cards in
the past.

> hostap_isa: cor_index=0x7 cor_offset=0x3e0
> Prism2/2.5 PC Card detected
> hostap_isa: Registered netdevice wlan0
> ccsr: 0x80

It's not clear what last line says.  I think you should not read CCSR
(mapped to HCR in Prism chipsets).  You should write there the correct
value, and it's something you should guess or determine based on the
configuration of the card.

See table on the page 2-3 in http://home.eunet.cz/jt/wifi/Download.pdf

Currently hostap tries 0x1f and 0x0f to set genesis mode and 0x17 and 0x07
respectively to use it.  You may need to play with other bits.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin