[BUG] reproduceable PANIC in recent hostap driver

JuanJo Ciarlante jjo-hostap
Mon Oct 20 20:38:55 PDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 09:01:29PM -0700, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> Please give more details about your setup. It would be ideal if you
> could send me a sample configuration file for ospfd and all the commands
> needed to reproduce this (i.e., ifconfig with IP addresses etc.). The
> simpler the test, the better..

Finally I could trigger the PANIC on eth0 also, so hostap is not the cause.

For the record, the following sequence, WITH ospfd running will panic a
2.4.22 box:

    # killall -v -0 ospfd && echo OSPFD running: OK
    # ip addr add dev eth0 1.2.3.4
    # ifdown eth0

I'll report to linux-kernel ml.

Regards... and thanks for all the effort!

--
--Juanjo

#  Juan Jose Ciarlante (JuanJo PGP) jjo ;at; mendoza.gov.ar              #
#  Key fingerprint = 76 60 A5 76 FD D2 53 E3  50 C7 90 20 22 8C F1 2D    #