Management frames in 0.0.4 and later

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Oct 14 17:46:18 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:31:30PM +0100, Petr Novak wrote:

> The timing reference can be taken from the MAC clock (I know it is a pain to
> calculate - what sniffer would you feel the best to work with?).

I was a bit unclear there.. The MAC clock is exactly the timestamp I
want, so that part was fine. The part that was missing the a full
authentication transaction starting with the first authentication frame
from the STA to AP and followed by ACK, another auth frame (AP->STA),
and then something (in theory, ACK). The second sniffer log did not
include such a frame sequence. It started with the second auth frame and
ended with the first of another authentication attempt, so neither one
was completely included.