Interface 'wlan0' does not seem to support prism2_param command.

Jason Boxman jasonb
Thu Oct 9 23:57:07 PDT 2003

On Friday 10 October 2003 02:35, alf romeo wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I am running Two HostAP.Here are the setup for each
> PC.

<snip>
> There was no problem for my HostAP-1. The problem i
> got was with HostAP-2.when i did,"#iwpriv wlan0
> prism2_param max_wds1 or prism2_param wds_type", there
> was an error.Below is the error i got.
>
> [root at nato utils]# ./prism2_param wlan0 wds_tpye 4
> wlan0     no private ioctls.

Last time I received that error I didn't have hostap_pci loaded.

What's your `lsmod`?

`ifconfig wlan0` || `ip link show wlan0`

Also, if that's the exact command you specified above you misspelled the
argument.  Should be "wds_type".

--

Jason Boxman
Administrator TrekWeb.COM