PROBLEM: HOSTAP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Oct 1 20:47:34 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:11:06AM +0100, Veronica Lane wrote:

> hi, i have two Zcomax card.

Which station firmware versions do they have?

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:21:49AM +0100, Veronica Lane wrote:

> but i also observed that same thing goes through with
> my two linksys card. I'm using WPC11. one managed and
> one master. i've upgraded my firmware for wpc11 to run
> as hostap mode. still, the one in the managed mode
> cannot see the master.  they are both linksys card.

Does any combination of your cards work (e.g., Linksys STA to Zcomax
AP)? Which station firmware versions do these Linksys cards have? Can
you give any more details of what you mean with "cannot see the master"?
Cannot associate? Does not show the AP in any scan results? Can
associate, but cannot get IP address? Can you sent "iwconfig" output
from both the AP and STA?