failed to upgrade to 1.5.6 or 1.7.4 for 8008 chip

jar jar
Wed Oct 1 08:35:03 PDT 2003

CoolJavaJoe wrote:

> Verifying update compatibility and combining data:
> NICID was not found from the list of supported platforms.
> Incompatible updata data.

I wonder if the firmware checking code is too strict ? I am tried two
times to update prism2 card (id=0x8002) and always the prism2_srec
(0.0.4) says that "Incompatible updata data". Although the winupdate
utility accepts those firmwares and updates the flash. The card is fully
operational after that. The firmawares i am tried to update with
prism2_srec (0.0.4) are 1.4.9 and 1.5.6.

Regards, Jar